Are you a concise, detail-oriented and result driven people-person that can get things done? Then you might be the one we are looking for. Atlas Professionals, leading global HR service provider in the energy, marine and renewables industries, is looking for a Junior Financial Controller. In this position, you will be responsible for strong support and execution on financial controlling and reporting activities in a changing environment.
You will report to the Group Controller and are a part of the Finance team, based at Atlas Professionals headquarters in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands. With its varied background and experience, the Finance team is transforming into new working structures and determining the path going forward. Joining this dynamic team is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working on big projects, such as the implementation of a new financial system (Workday Financial) and transferring to a new house bank.
The Junior Financial Controller is responsible for the execution of the monthly group- and management consolidation and reporting processes, including management reporting and reporting to majority shareholder HAL Investments. Next to this, your essential responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Financial accounting and control for specific legal (holding) entities;
- Cost control for the group and for departmental budgets;
- Monthly commercial performance and margin analysis, tracking actuals versus budget;
- Supporting activities related to audits;
- Support in drafting position papers and other supporting evidence for specific accounting and reporting topics in line with IFRS, such as acquisitions, impairments and leases;
- Support in preparing year-end audit documentation, including the formal statutory accounts, which includes supporting the external auditors during the audit, in close cooperation with the Group Controller;
- Support activities as required by the Financial ERP implementation team.
We are looking for candidates that have completed a higher education in Finance, with two to four years of relevant working experience in consolidation, reporting and accounting. Ideally, you have gained this experience at one of the Big Four accounting firms or at the finance department of a large international corporation. You should have a basic understanding of IFRS and an affinity with automation and business process improvements.
Next to this, our ideal candidate has good communication skills with a hands-on business approach. You know what “good” looks like and how you can convey this to others and are eager to grow and develop yourself as a professional. Excellent Excel skills are a must for this position, if you have Workday, Salesforce or BI-application experience this is a big advantage.
As international business travel might be required occasionally and you will have frequent contact with colleague controllers, finance operations and from time to time with tax, legal and insurance specialists both in The Netherlands and abroad, fluency in English and Dutch both verbally and in writing is required.
Do you want to play a role in a changing environment and help pave our Finance team the path ahead? If you are eager to be agent for change and improvement, our Finance team invites you to send in your application via email to HR Executive Alex Huneker (email@example.com) with your application attached. If you have questions about the job vacancy, please contact Alex Huneker at +31 (0) 23 556 04 20.